Our organization is about people and their dogs. It’s about helping people and INSPIRING them to do with and more for their dogs. We are a group of energetic, motivated people who love what we do and are looking for other like-minded, highly professional people to join us. We offer exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions. Our Leadership Team is passionate about fostering both personal and professional growth for all.
This position we are currently hiring for at our growing company is in Salt Lake City, UT where we offer several different services for people and their pets. It is a part time opportunity for 20-25 hours per week. There is a morning and an afternoon position available.
This is a Front Office and Client Relations position with a great support staff and leadership team. At Little Dogs Resort we have a three phase hiring process. Only those who complete ALL phases will be considered for employment.
Phase 1: Read Our Strategic Vision (below)
Phase 2: Online Application (below) &
Phase 3: Hiring Seminar (upon invitation)
Only online applications will be accepted.
Only online applications will be accepted.
Pets in our facility must be cared for promptly, every day. The facility is staffed 365 days a year and is exceptionally busy when schools are on holiday recess. The Front Office staff is the face of the company. Answering phone calls, emails and serving customers in our facility is a large part of this job. In addition, there are several record keeping, paper work and marketing aspects to the Front Desk job. High end customer service experience is necessary and a genuine love for dogs is a must. You must be able to handle dogs of all sizes without being afraid of them and without allowing them to control you. You must be in good physical condition, able to squat, stoop, bend, lift, and do a lot of walking. Must be willing to maintain the highest standards in customer satisfaction and facility cleanliness. There will be opportunities for advancement, if you excel.
- You Are Dependable – being a few minutes early for work is normal for you. You look at what the great day ahead spent with dogs will bring. Our staff knows they can count on you to do whatever it is you are assigned with excellence.
- You Love the Details – As a team, we want to make sure each guests’ needs are met. From new reservations to medications to meals, play times to pampering, it is all in the details to make our guests stay the best it can be.
- You Are a Team Player -You recognize we have two clients to serve, the human and the dog clients. You want the best for the dogs that are staying with us and work as a team member to get that accomplished all while maintaining an excellent relationship with the pet parents. You add to the conversation and brainstorm with fellow staff on ways to make the experience more enriching.
- You Are a Goal-Setter – you have goals for your work and for yourself. At Little Dogs Resort we have built a work culture where accomplishing goals is key to success. We have educational opportunities and areas that you can grow in as you deepen your experience in the pet care field.
NEED TO (the must have’s):
- Outstanding customer service experience
- Be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Previous dog experience meaning more than that you have owned a dog
- Good dog handling
- Customer interface to include checking pets in and out
- Prepares invoices and accepts payments
- Answers the phone and takes reservations
- Prepares and updates all reservation paperwork
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You will be involved with all of the day-to-day customer service activities that happen at Little Dogs Resort. You are key to each pet’s stay – making sure everything that the pet parent wants us to know is relayed to the rest of the team. You will provide all the communication they need thereby ensuring our doggie guests have a great vacation while their owners are away. As the primary contact person with our dog guests, you are responsible for:
- Making sure every guest is comfortable, happy and receiving all of the services that an owner requests.
- Maintaining the daily duties and in a timely manner.
- Closely monitoring the health and wellness of every guest.
- Communicating clearly with our leadership team.
- Keeping detailed records of our guests entire stay.
- Maintaining a highest level of cleanliness in all areas of our facility.
- Providing unscheduled tours to new guests.
- Explaining basic grooming services: bathing, nail trims, brushing, different hair cuts and ear and teeth cleaning.
- Making sure every guest goes home clean, happy and that we exceeded the expectations of both the dogs and pet parents.
- Customer Interface
- The need to learn and use our reservation system
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a pet facility or pet care environment a plus
- Excellent work history and references
Pay depends on experience. Performance based bonus upon approval.
We don’t hire to just fill a seat, rather we take our time looking for the right people. If you know without a doubt that you are a fit, let’s talk.
We Really Believe in This Stuff
Everyday we get to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. Providing inspiration to dog parents who need it. Getting our message out there. Helping customers learn how to change the course of their relationship with their dogs . Educating the dog owner how to speak “dog”. Making the connection between dog and owner is the goal for us. It’s why we do what we do. Work that changes lives, work that gives inspiration.
Work in Your Strengths
Our goal is to help position each team member in a role that plays to their strengths, that sets them up to shine…to win. Know yourself well enough to know what you do well, and just as importantly, what you don’t.
Win or Lose as a Team
Our team openly works together to create remarkable experiences that positively impacts lives. Everyone on the team is responsible for bringing new ideas, perspectives and solutions to the table. Starting with day one, we want your voice as part of the conversation.
About Our Company
We’re a privately-owned and operated pet care facility focused on a single mission:
“Little Dogs Resort provides experienced based, canine education and services to improve the canine/human relationship which gives INSPIRATION to everyone from the dog enthusiast to the dog owner.”