Hiring for a professional groomer who takes pride in what they do and where they work.
Full-time and part-time positions available for reliable and talented groomers who can represent Little Dogs Resort and Salon in a professional manner by providing high quality, full service grooming and care for small breed dogs (less than 30 pounds) before the agreed pickup time.
Benefits of Working with Little Dogs
- We promote professional autonomy where groomers self-manage their day. An average day is 5 full grooms and 2 bath and brushes for each groomer.
- Work in a pet facility that you would trust with your own fur baby. We provide our groomers with quality grooming products. We provide fixture equipment, such as our new electric grooming tables. We also supply the products needed to perform grooming services and to keep your equipment clean.
- We provide our groomers with the best work environment so they can build something extraordinary with their professional skills. Our technicians clean the grooming and bathing space for our groomers. Our desk managers take care of scheduling grooming appointments and check in and out your grooming babies.
- We promote dynamic team development with the Master Plan Pet Care system. It is easy to learn and rewards excellent groomers and their team.
- Be appreciated for your skills, talents, and vision. Quarterly bonuses, tools and tool maintenance allowance, education or competition entries can be earned through the Master Plan Pet Care system.
- We provide groomers with financial freedoms through a W-2 commission based pay. This means we help you pay your taxes, we insure you as a professional groomer and we insure you as an employee. We offer to our established full-time groomers: 401k contributions, paid vacation and paid sick!
Applicants must have:
- an ability to complete all grooming services with a minimum of 3 years (within the last 5 years) working as a professional pet groomer.
- life skills such as time management, work ethics, goal setting, and the ability to give and accept feedback.
- time management skills.
- group interactional skills.
- know Notes From The Grooming Table pet grooming styles but is flexible to alter styles for any humane pet parent grooming requests.
- know canine body language.
- know low-stress handling.
- know how to read common grooming instructions.
- know how to use a computer.Minimum Required Grooming Tools
- Small slicker
- Greyhound comb
- Rubber curry
- Deshedding tool (FURminator, carding knife, etc.)
- Small nail clipper
- Low powered dremel
- Straight shears
- Thinning or blending shears
- Interchangeable blade pet clipper
- Blades; 30; 10; 7; 5; 4; 3 3/4
- Metal guide comb set
NOTE: Clipper vacuums are not provided but if you have one and want to use it, you may bring your own.