Pet Care Tech
Our organization is about people and their dogs. It’s about helping people and INSPIRING them to provide the best care for their dogs. We are a group of energetic, motivated people who love what we do and are looking for other like-minded, high-quality people to join us. We offer exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions. Our Leadership Team is passionate about fostering both personal and professional growth for all.
The position we are currently hiring for at our growing company is in Salt Lake City, Utah, where we offer many different services for people and their pets. It is a full-time or part-time opportunity 20-40 hours per week including weekend work, in a Pet Care position with a great support staff and leadership team. At Little Dogs Resort we have a three-phase hiring process. Only those who complete ALL phases will be considered for employment.
Phase 1: Read The Job Description (below)
Phase 2: Complete the Online Application (below) &
Phase 3: Attend a Hiring Seminar (upon invitation)
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Pets in our facility must be cared for promptly, every day. The facility is staffed 365 days a year and is exceptionally busy when schools are on holiday recess. Experience is necessary, however a genuine love for animals is a must. You must be able to compassionately handle dogs of all sizes without being afraid of them and without allowing them to control you. You must be in good physical condition, able to squat, stoop, bend, lift, and do a lot of walking. Must be willing to maintain the highest standards in cleanliness. There will be opportunities for advancement, if you excel.
The ideal applicant will possess the following qualities:
You Are Dependable – being a few minutes early for work is normal for you. You look at what the great day ahead spent with dogs will bring. Our staff knows they can count on you to do whatever it is you are assigned with excellence.
You Love the Details – As a team, we want to make sure each guests’ needs are met. From medications to meals, play times to pampering, it is all in the details to make our guests stay the best it can be.
You Are a Team Player – you want the best for the dogs that are staying with us and work as a team member to get that accomplished. You add to the conversation and brainstorm with fellow staff on ways to make the experience more enriching.
You Are a Goal-Setter – you have goals for your work and for yourself. At Little Dogs Resort we have built a work culture where accomplishing goals is key to success. We have educational opportunities and areas where you can grow as you deepen your experience in the pet care field.
NEED TO (THE MUST HAVE’S):
- Be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Previous dog experience meaning more than that you have owned a dog
- Good dog handling skills
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Team Member you are involved with all of the day-to-day activities that happen at Little Dogs Resort. You are key to each pet’s stay, making sure everything that they have everything they need, and ensuring our doggie guests have a great vacation while their owners are away. As the primary contact person with our furry guests, you are responsible for:
- Making sure every guest is comfortable, happy and receiving all of the services that an owner requests
- Maintaining the daily duties in a timely manner
- Closely monitoring the health and wellness of every guest
- Communicating clearly with our leadership team
- Feeding and medicating guests, and keeping detailed records of our guests entire stay
- Maintaining a highest level of cleanliness in all areas of our facility, play yards, and outdoor dog patios
- Exercising guests
- Basic bathing and brushing of guests
- Making sure every guest goes home clean, happy, and exceeding the expectations of the customers
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school students and graduates or equivalent
- Previous experience in a pet facility or pet care environment a plus
- Excellent work history and references
Pay depends on experience. Performance based bonuses available upon approval. We don’t hire to just fill a seat, rather we take our time looking for the right people. If you know without a doubt that you are a fit, let’s talk.
We Really Believe in This Stuff
Every day we get to be a part of something bigger than ourselves:
- Providing inspiration to dog parents who need it
- Getting our message on quality dog care out there
- Helping customers learn how to change the course of their relationship with their dogs
- Educating the dog owner how to speak “dog”
- Making the connection between dog and owner is the goal for us, it’s why we do what we do.
- Work that changes lives, work that gives inspiration
- Work on Your Strengths Our goal is to help position each team member in a role that plays to their strengths, that sets them up to shine…to win. Know yourself well enough to know what you do well, and just as importantly, what you don’t.
- Win or Lose as a Team Our team openly works together to create remarkable experiences that positively impacts lives. Everyone on the team is responsible for bringing new ideas, perspectives, and solutions to the table. Starting with day one, we want your voice as part of the conversation.
About Our Company :
We’re a privately-owned and operated pet care facility focused on a single mission: “Little Dogs Resort provides experienced based, canine education and services to improve the canine/human relationship which gives INSPIRATION to everyone from the dog enthusiast to the dog owner.”